Achmea Bank respects your privacy. This means that we comply with privacy legislation and make every effort to protect your personal data. We think that you should know how we handle your personal data. But it is also important that you know your rights, so you can rest confident that, with us, your data are in good hands. This privacy statement, which describes how Achmea Bank handles your personal data, is applicable to all the data that we process.
Which data do we use?Are you requesting a quote, taking out a mortgage or savings product, visiting our website or contacting us via other means? For all of the above, we need your details. These details often reveal information about you or they can be linked to you as a person in a variety of ways.
We usually request your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth. We sometimes request additional data, such as financial details and information about collateral in case you are taking out a mortgage. We might also request a copy of your proof of identity or your bank account number for the automatic debiting of your interest. The data we require depends on the product in question.
Generally, you will provide us with your data yourself. Consider, for example, purchasing a banking product or subscribing to a newsletter or other marketing message. We sometimes receive your data via a different channel. If you engage an independent advisor, we might receive your data from this person. We can request your information from the [Dutch] Bureau of Credit Registration (Stichting Bureau Krediet Registratie, BKR). We can also request data on you from the Netherlands’ Cadastre, Land Registry and Mapping Agency (Kadaster) or the Chamber of Commerce (KvK). Public sources, such as credit agencies, public registers, newspapers, the internet or social media also provide us with your data. At times, we purchase information from companies that you have authorised to collect and sell your data.
Read our cookies statement to learn about what cookies are and how we use them. Cookies ensure that the information on our website can be found quickly and easily, and they enable us to show or send you information, offers and advertisements that may suit you. Cookies may even be necessary for the security of our website. They also help us keep track of your visit to our website and any app. Visit the website of one of our brands, such as centraalbeheer.nl or woonfonds.nl, for more information about cookies that are placed via that website or app.
What do we use your data for?
We use your data to:
• offer you a product or service
• conclude a product or service with you
• enter into and execute an agreement with you
• identify your needs and preferences
• tailor our products and services to better suit your needs
• provide account information services and payment initiation services for you
• develop and/or improve products and services
• make you a personal offer at the right time
• track your visit to our website and any app
• enable you to use your personal environment (Centraal Beheer, Woonfonds or Acier Financieringen)
• maintain contact with you and to be able to answer your questions
• record when and how we have contact with you
• assess our risks
• ensure the security of our customers, ourselves and the financial sector, to mitigate risks and to prevent fraud. This could entail a
personal investigation, but also registration in Achmea Bank’s event administration. It may also involve the incident register and/or the
External Reference Register (Externe Verwijzingsregister, EVR) in the context of the PIFI protocol.
• conduct scientific, statistical and market research
• abide by the law
• execute business processes, perform internal management and to draft management reports
• process your application
When do we record our contact with you?We record the agreements we have made with you. We also use these contact moments to improve our communication. We record the following contact moments:
• letters and e-mail messages that we send or that we receive from you
• telephone calls, e-mail messages and chat messages
• your visiting behaviour on our websites
• when you log into the client portal or use the mortgage check module
• your activity (what you do and look at) in our apps
• our contact with you via social media, such as Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp
Achmea B.V. is responsible
Achmea Bank N.V. is part of Achmea B.V. Achmea B.V. is responsible for the proper processing of your personal data by all Achmea brands.
Who provides us with your data and who do we share it with?We might pass on your data, but we also might verify your data with other companies. It depends on which product you purchase. We do not sell your data. We can exchange data with:
• other Achmea brands
• our suppliers and business partners
• external registers, such as the Bureau of Credit Registration (BKK), the [Dutch] Foundation for Mortgage Fraud Prevention, (SFH), the National Mortgage Guarantee Scheme (NHG) or other financial institutions within the framework of the External Reference Register (EVR)
• mortgage advisors, surveyors, brokers and legal services providers
• The Property Valuation (WOZ) Register (Dutch Ministry of Finance)
• the Netherlands’ Cadastre, Land Registry and Mapping Agency
• the Dutch Tax Authority
• bailiffs, debt collection agencies and/or notaries
• supervisory authorities, such as Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets (Autoriteit Financiële Markten, AFM), De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB)
• complaint bodies
• lawyers and judicial authorities, in case of a dispute
• iDIN (Currence Holding BV), for the identification and verification of customers
• SurePay B.V., for the ascription of (contra) accounts
• Stichting Waarborgfonds Eigen Woningen (WEW)
• National Mortgage Association (Nationale Hypotheekbond)
• Central Bureau of Statistics (Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek, CBS)
• Central Information System Foundation (Stichting Centraal Informatiesysteem (CIS)
When you transfer money from an Achmea Bank product to a different (checking) account with another financial institution, your data will also end up at this financial institution.
How do we ensure that your data is safe with us?Our website, app and IT systems are highly secure. We also make clear agreements about this.
We always take appropriate technical and organisational (security) measures to prevent the loss or unlawful processing of your data. We always take into account your privacy and the security of your data when developing new services and processes. As an example, your data is only accessible to those employees who require it, and our employees have been clearly instructed on how to handle your data.
Found a vulnerability in our services? You can submit a report via the website Responsible Disclosure of Achmea. We appreciate it if you let us know, so that we can take measures. This way, we can work together to improve the security of our data and systems.
We handle sensitive data with extra caution
By sensitive data, we mean:
• Your Citizen Service Number (BSN), banking details and credit check information
o If you decide to become a customer with us, we are legally obliged to verify your identity. That is why we ask you to provide a copy
of your proof of identity. Your BSN is stated on your proof of identity.
o We are legally obliged to pass on information about your financial product to the Dutch Tax Authority on an annual basis. We are
allowed to use your BSN to do this.
o We are also legally obliged to check your creditworthiness when you are applying for a loan.
• Your health data
o We are required to ask you for an independent medical certificate, for example, in order to execute a living will. This is health data.
• Data gathered from criminal law
o If we need to determine the risk for a financial product, we may ask whether you have a criminal history. If you were suspected
and/or convicted of a crime more than eight years ago, you do not have to report this.
How long do we store your data?We do not store your data any longer than is necessary. This means that we store your data for as long as we need it or as long as is required by law. We then delete or anonymise your data. When we anonymise your data, we delete all the data that refer to you. At which point, the data can no longer be linked to you, but it still helps us gain a better overall impression of our risks, products and services
Privacy rules and regulationsWe comply with the prevailing laws and regulations on privacy. These include:
• The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• The GDPR Implementation Act (Uitvoeringswet Algemene verordening gegevensbescherming, UAVG)
• The Incident Alert System Protocol for Financial Institutions (Protocol Incidentenwaarschuwingssysteem Financiële Instellingen)
• The Code of Conduct for the Processing of Personal Data by Financial Institutions (Gedragscode Verwerking Persoonsgegevens Financiële Instellingen)
• The Personal Investigation Code of Conduct (Gedragscode Persoonlijk Onderzoek)
• The Telecommunications Act
Let us know when you wish to exercise your rightsSend us a letter and enclose a copy of your passport or ID document. Please make your Citizen Service Number and passport photo illegible. We will reply within one month from receipt of your letter or e-mail. You can contact details on the website of your insurer (international) or your insurer (dutch).
Do you have a question, tip or complaint?Send an email to Achmea's Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send a letter to:
Attn. Privacy Manager Compliance & Operational Risk Management
P.O. Box 866
3700 AW Zeist
Do we not find a solution? Send your complaint to the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
Or send an e-mail to: email@example.com